Sunday, January 17, 2010

Up in the Air (2009)

**
"Up in the Air" has had great reviews and it has been nominated for many awards.  There is a chance it can win best picture at the Oscars.

I like "Up in the Air", but I wasn't blown away by it as many people seem to have been.  It is a good story and it has some great acting, but there were a couple of slow points to it.

My biggest problem with the film is Anna Kendrick.  While I understood her character and realize she is a valuable asset to the film, I just find her to be incredibly annoying.  I think it is Kendrick herself.  Something about her just irritated me.  Bad casting choice!

"Up in the Air" is a good movie with a great screenplay.  Watching the changes and emotions of George Clooney's character really made this film worthwhile.  It is a good film, but best of the year?  I'm not quite sure...

B+  I recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment