Friday, February 19, 2010

My Bloody Valentine (2009)


I never saw the original version of "My Bloody Valentine", but this was next in my netflix queue, so I watched it.  

It was an OK movie.  It was far from good, but it wasn't terrible.  It has some fun things in it.  There were some interesting deaths, but the special effects were terrible.  

The best thing about the film was Tom Atkins.  It was good to see a cult star from the 1980s back to work in the genre that is meant for him.  All of the other acting was mediocre at best.  

I watched the film in 2-D, but it seems like it would have been a fun movie in 3-D.  This is the only type of movie I would like to see in 3-D.  If the 3-D worked well and didn't give people head aches, then it would have been awesome to see blood and guts flying at you.

"My Bloody Valentine" is extremely gory and violent.  I had never seen a movie that went into a killing spree so early in the picture.  You don't even know who these characters are and there is a masked killer chopping heads off and things.  The script and direction for "My Bloody Valentine" was embarrassing, but the camp factor and violence made the film tolerable.

C

No comments:

Post a Comment