Sunday, February 28, 2010

Couples Retreat (2009)


Once again I viewed a movie I wasn't really interested in seeing only because Kristen Bell starred in it.  This one was a mistake.  I should have stayed far, far away.

"Couples Retreat" is so unfunny.  I can't even begin to describe it.  All these different couples have miserable lives and they go to an island to find their love again.  While on the island, the film is trying so hard to be funny.  They go through different exercises to work on their marriage including yoga, snorkeling, and therapy sessions.  In yoga, a half naked man is making the couples uncomfortable for his unusual workout style.  While snorkeling, sharks threaten the lives of our cast, and in our therapy sessions, dull conversation is had.  The entire script had not one laugh.

The acting in "Couples Retreat" was nothing special.  I must say that even Kristen Bell wasn't special in this movie.  The film has pretty girls in the cast, but they are not likable.  I don't have one good thing to say about this movie.

After I watched "Couples Retreat" only one thought came to mind.  "How the hell did I sit through this entire thing?"

D

No comments:

Post a Comment