Monday, August 3, 2009

The Fugitive (1993)


Harrison Ford plays a doctor who's wife is murdered.  Unfortunately for Ford, he has been framed.  Ford is arrested and sentenced, but thanks to a bus accident, he escapes.  He is on the run from the police, headed by Tommy Lee Jones.  While trying to avoid being caught, Ford does what he can to solve the puzzle of who killed his wife.

"The Fugitive" has one of the most famous scenes in movie history.  That scene is when Tommy Lee Jones finally catches up to Ford in a sewer drain.  The drain is part of a damn that is situated many feet above a flowing river.  To escape, Ford jumps.  This was a high point for the film.  

The film is a fun movie to watch.  You are on the edge of your seat, waiting to see what happens next, but you never really get the action you hope for.  I guess it is more realistic that way, but I wanted some good action.

Ford is good in the film, but Tommy Lee Jones seems to be overacting.  That doesn't mean that Jones is bad though.  He is a funny character because of the overacting.  I kind of wanted him to be a more serious character.  I think it would have made the whole chase more exciting.

Overall, "The Fugitive" is a fun movie to watch.  It kept my interest, but I wouldn't say it is very memorable.  If you haven't seen it, I would recommend it.  It is a fun movie to pass the time with, but it isn't something I would give a second viewing to.

B  I recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment