Monday, October 5, 2009

Zombieland (2009)

**
This is one terrific horror comedy.  It is funnier than most comedies I see and there are some great action sequences.  

All of the acting is good in the film and like most comedies I like, there is some emotional attachment to these characters.  You really feel bad for some of them and you want them to have a happy ending.  Woody Harrelson was the funniest in the picture.  He is the best zombie killer in the world and he has one mission in life: to find a twinkie.  Good stuff.

I cared about the main character played by Jesse Eisenberg.  I really wanted him to get the girl in the end.  He was good, even though he was a poor man's Michael Cera.

The best sequence of the film is when the group goes to Los Angeles and they go to seek shelter in a big celebrity's house.  That celebrity makes a great cameo.  I won't spoil who it is.  You gotta see it.  

"Zombieland" may not be the best zombie comedy (Shaun of the Dead), but it is up there.  It is very fun and it is a great time in the theater.

A-  I recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment