Monday, December 14, 2009

The Princess and the Frog (2009)

**
Disney animation is back!

I was very excited to see "The Princess and the Frog".  I was hoping it would live up to my expectations and it certainly did.

It is one of the most beautiful productions Disney has ever produced.  I loved the backgrounds displaying the swampy lagoons and iron work in the New Orleans town.  

The characters were great in the film.  I loved the comic relief firefly, the jazz playing alligator, and most of all the voodoo villain.  It is one of the best Disney villains to date.  He was truly scary and he was animated brilliantly.  

There were only a few things that could have been better.  I thought that Tiana and her prince could have been developed better.  There wasn't really much to their love story.  They seemed to just fall in love too quickly before developing their relationship.  Another thing that could have been better were the songs.  They were fine in the fact that it set the mood to the New Orleans Jazz theme, but there wasn't anything that seemed very memorable like all the 90's Disney films had.  Maybe the songs will grow on me over time and become classics.

"The Princess and the Frog" is an excellent addition to Disney's animated features.  It was funny and very emotional.  I actually cried.  I really hope people see this and bring back this type of Disney animation.  "The Princess and the Frog" should win Best Animated Feature at the Oscars this year.  

A-  I recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment